About Shopping at Jelli
When you go shopping you always start with an idea of what you would like. Is it a pair of trousers for your son? A special dress for your daughter? Have you seen clothes from a particular designer and want to know what else they make? Shopping at Jelli is no different.
- If you're looking for either girls or boys clothing, then scroll your mouse over the top of our website to select which. With the speed of an unbelievably efficient shop assistant, the relevant clothing will appear in front of you. Start browsing!
- If you would like to shop for a particular designer label that you love, then simply click on their logo or brand story. Their clothing will appear on-screen and you can start exploring.
- If you're looking for a specific item, a romper for instance, then try our Search Box in the top right corner of the website. Type in what you are looking for romper and with that same unbelievable efficiency our rompers will appear. Choose the pair that is just what you had in mind the right style, size and price.
- We prefer not to have access to your credit card details or for them to be passed over the phone.
- We can keep you informed of the status of your order by email.
- We can save your personal details for future orders.
- You'll see a confirmation page when your order has been successfully authorised.
- You will also receive a confirmation email with the details of your order.
- If you don't find your confirmation email, check your spam/junk mail folders.
- Please contact us if you have any queries about your order.
- We take online payments seriously. We utilise industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information such as your name, address, phone numbers and your card details.
- Our SSL technology includes the following features:
- Authentification - this assures your browser that your data is being sent to the correct computer server and that the server is secure.
- Encryption - this encodes your data so that it cannot be read by anyone other than the secure server.
- Data Integrity - this checks the data being transferred to ensure it has not been altered.
- When our SSL technology is enabled you will see a yellow padlock at the bottom of your browser.
- Our Payment Service Provider (PSP) is Paygate. Paygate provides the secure link between our website and our merchant bank to ensure that your card details are kept secure throughout the transaction process.
- No credit card information is kept on our website itself.
- No Jelli member of staff will ever see your credit card details when you order online.
- We will never share your e-mail address or personal details with third parties. Your information is strictly confidential and we are committed to protecting it.
- Items purchased on our sales are subject to a separate returns policy.
- Gift cards cannot be refunded.
- For hygiene reasons underwear, swimwear and earrings for pierced ears may not be returned or exchanged.
- Our delivery agents are not authorised to accept returned items.
How will you know what the right size is?
Please take a look at our sizing chart. It is extremely useful. You will see that European sizes tend to be smaller than South African sizes so a bigger size may be just right. If you are unsure, our fashion advisors will help you. Drop them an email using our Contact Form.
What about other sizes and colours?
All the sizes and colours we offer for an item are shown. If you cannot see the size you would like, no promises, but we may just be able to get it, so please use the Contact Form and we'll do our best to source it for you.
What if you would like to know more about an item?
This website has the relevant pictures and information about each item, but if you have any further questions, please contact us and we'll do our best to help you.
Does Jelli have a catalogue?
No, we do not print catalogues. Our new products are added so frequently during the year that it becomes impractical for us, However, you can see some of our latest products by viewing our Facebook or Twitter pages or by subscribing to our newsletter.
Will Jelli have the items you've ordered?
We do our best to make sure that we have stock of every item on our website. We update it daily. But, as you can imagine, every once in awhile, despite our best efforts, something simply won't be available. It doesn't happen often, but we'll contact you as soon as possible to let you know. It goes without saying, you won't pay for something you don't receive!
Can you buy something as a gift for someone else?
A lot of people like to give Jelli clothing or toys as a gift. We love that, so we've made it simple. Just to remember to click the Gift box when you check out. That's all you do! We'll wrap your order specially and we'll make sure your delivery note has no prices on it.
Is there a minimum amount you must buy?
No. You are more than welcome to purchase a single item even a pair of baby socks. We are happy to deliver anything you order, even a single item, no matter how small.
Can you shop at Jelli if you live outside South Africa?
You can place an order from anywhere in the world, but at this stage Jelli only delivers to selected addresses within South Africa.
Can you shop by phone or email?
Of course you can. Some people prefer to do deal with Jelli that way. It has a more personal, reassuring touch. Call our customer service team on 011 447 4744 (or +27 11 447 4744 from abroad) and they'll place your order for you.
Having said that, we prefer that you order online for a number of reasons.
Is Jelli also a real shop at which you can shop?
Yes, it most certainly is. We're very proud of our flagship store located in Hutton Court, Jan Smuts Avenue, Hyde Park, Johannesburg. The phone number is 011 447 4744.
How do you contact Jelli?
You can contact our customer service team by phoning us on 011 447 4744 (or +27 11 447 4744 from abroad) or by using the Contact Form on this website. We'll respond to your enquiry within 1 working day. Please make sure you leave your phone number on the form if you want us to call you back.
What if you have a comment for us?
Please give us any feedback you might have, positive or negative. We love to know what we're doing right, what we need to fix or what we're doing wrong! We are grateful to the people who help us make Jelli special. Use our Contact Form on this website or get in touch via our Facebook page.
What if you have a complaint?
If you have a complaint, please contact us through our Contact Form. We'll deal with your complaint quickly and find the most appropriate solution.
How do you pay?
You can pay for your order using any major credit card: Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Maestro and American Express. We also accept most Debit Cards. We do not apply additional charges for your credit card payment.
What price will you pay?
The price you see online is the price that you will be charged when your order is fulfilled. All your purchases and delivery costs are subject to 14% VAT. The total amount you will be charged, as indicated at your checkout, is inclusive of all VAT. A detailed VAT invoice can be supplied on request.
Where applicable, the price of the item is calculated with promotional discounts applied when you check out.
When will you be charged?
Your credit card will be charged when you place your order.
Will you know if your order has been successful?
Can you cancel an order?
Please contact us and we'll do what we can to help you.
What currency will you be charged in?
Jelli charges in South African Rand (ZAR). If you are shopping from outside South Africa, your card company will convert the cost into your local currency.
Can you pay in a foreign currency?
Yes. Our payment processor accepts non-South African credit cards. You will be billed with the equivalent value in your currency.
Can you pay with a Jelli Gift Card?
No, Jelli.co.za is setup to take card payments only at this time
Can you pay cash or cheque on delivery?
No, unfortunately, we don't accept cash or cheques on delivery.
Is it safe to pay online?
Where does Jelli deliver?
We deliver to the major metropolitan areas: Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Durban, East London, Franschhoek, George, Johannesburg, Knysna, Paarl, Pietermaritzburg, Plettenberg Bay, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria, Somerset West, and Wellington.
What will delivery cost you?
In general, our fees are between R50 and R95. The cost of your delivery is determined by your address and the number of items you have ordered. We may offer free delivery for customers who spend more than a specified amount on their orders.
To see a detailed list of prices, please download our Courier Matrix (PDF).
When will Jelli dispatch your order?
Naturally, you will want to receive your order as soon as possible. Officially verified orders will be dispatched from Jelli within 1 day. That means, in effect, that your order will be dispatched the day you order or the next working day.
How long before you receive your order?
In general, all Jelli items are available for next-day delivery, but understandably, it all depends on the size and contents of your order and your delivery location. We're as keen as you are for you to enjoy your purchase.
Can you receive your items the same day?
If you live in the Northern Suburbs of Johannesburg we can arrange same-day delivery. For other cities around South African, please do contact us if you would like your order immediately. No promises, but we can sometimes arrange a special delivery with our courier company. To arrange this please contact us on 011 447 4744.
Can you collect your order yourself instead of waiting for it to be delivered?
Yes, you can with pleasure if you are able to collect it from our store in Hyde Park, Johannesburg.
Can Jelli deliver to a PO Box?
Yes, we can. All we ask is that you provide us with a valid phone number. We will then dispatch your order via Speed Services using their Counter-to-Counter service. You will need to provide your signature and ID document when you collect from your Post Office Box.
What if no-one is at home when we deliver?
We will try to arrange for an alternative delivery option with you there and then. We reserve the right to charge you an additional delivery fee if we cannot do this and need to deliver at another date and time.
Can you change your delivery address after your order has been dispatched?
No, unfortunately we are unable to redirect orders once your items have been dispatched. Therefore, please ensure you provide a suitable address when you place your order.
Can you track your order?
Our system sends you an automatic email when your order has been dispatched. If it is being delivered with our courier company, you will be also be emailed a tracking number and you will then be able to track your order on the courier's website.
What if you don't receive a confirmation email?
First, please check the Junk folder of your mailbox the confirmation e-mail may have been classified as spam. If it isn't there, please check the e-mail address you gave us by logging onto 'My Account'. If you are unable to log on, please contact us and we will take care of the situation.
What if you order does not arrive when you expect?
Please contact us immediately. We will investigate what's going on and get back to you.
What if items listed on your invoice are missing?
Please contact us immediately. You delivery invoice should reflect exactly what is being delivered. We will investigate what's missing and get back to you.
What if you live outside South Africa?
We are working on a facility for international deliveries. Please contact our customer services department to arrange this. If your order is to be shipped to an address outside South Africa, it may be subject to local taxes, import duties or customs charges. You are responsible for paying for these costs when your order arrives and needs to be cleared through customs.
About Making Your Order Special
Will we look after your order?
Every order is most important to us. We'll carefully wrap it in tissue paper and protect it in a waterproof delivery bag.
Can you order a personalised card?
It is so nice to receive a gift with a special message, so we've made it possible to choose a card to accompany your gift. Tell us what message you would like (up to 500 words) and we'll handwrite it on your card. We charge R20.00 for this service.
Can we gift wrap your order?
Of course we can. Only with pleasure. We have a special gift wrapping service. Whether your order is for you or a gift for someone else, you can make sure it arrives in a beautiful gift box with a special card. We'll include a handwritten message on the card up to 500 words. We charge R50.00 for this special Jelli service to cover packaging and handling.
Can you buy a gift card online?
No, Jelli.co.za is setup to take card payments only at this time
About Returns and Refunds
Can you return your online purchase?
We would like you to be happy with your purchase. If for any reason you're not, you may return them to our Hyde Park store within 10 days of purchase. We'll give you a full refund, replacement or exchange, provided you have the original tax invoice and the items are in a saleable condition. Should you not have an invoice, we will be happy to exchange your purchase at the current system price.
How will you be refunded?
Your refund will be credited to your payment card as specified on your proof of purchase. If you are returning or exchanging a gift, you will be refunded via a Jelli gift card. Please note that we cannot make cash refunds for items purchased online.